Pharmax HLC Synbiotic Intensive 7 sachets
Pharmax HLC Synbiotic Intensive- 7 sachets
• 150 billion CFU per dose
• Includes fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
Ideal for vegans
• Convenient sachet format
HLC Synbiotic Intensive provides two strains of proprietary human-sourced Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis in high concentrations to ensure rapid
establishment and dominance of probiotic cultures in the gastrointestinal tract.
Additional product info:
The human microbiota presents a highly active metabolic that influences the state of health of our gastrointestinal tracts. Although much of our initial microbiota is adopted from our mothers, its final composition and diversity is determined by environmental factors. Extensive experimental and clinical evidence indicates that the westernized diet, rich in animal products and low in complex carbohydrates, plus the overuse of antibiotics and underuse of breastfeeding, leads to a heightened inflammatory potential of the microbiota (1). Other factors such as environmental pollutants and stress may also alter the fragile intestinal ecosystem equilibrium, which can lead to physiological changes in the intestinal environment, disrupting the functions of the gut microbiota. Autoimmune, allergic and bacterial infections have all been associated to gut dysbiosis (8). Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus lactis are found more commonly in the composition of the intestinal flora of non-allergic children (6),(7). In addition, HLC Synbiotic Intensive is indicated for dysbiosis(8), and symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) (2) which has also been shown in human double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies, at a core consortium of 25 billion CFU to:
• Reduce the risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients (5)
• Significantly improved the Symptom Severity Score of patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and scores for quality of life, days with pain and satisfaction with bowel habit compared to placebo, when taken for 8 weeks (2)
Moreover, daily administration of Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 to healthy adults has shown to improve gut microbiota and different parameters related to immune response (9).
1. Greer JB, O'Keefe SJ. Microbial induction of immunity, inflammation, and cancer. Front Physiol. 2011 Jan 26;1:168
2. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, Corfe BM. “Clinical trial: a multistrain probiotic preparation significantly reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2008. 29(1):97-103.
3. Plummer SF, Garaiova I, Sarvotharn T, Cottrell SL, LeScouiller S, Weaver MA et al. Effects of probiotics on the composition of the intestitinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005; 26(1):69-74.
4. Madden JA, Plummer SF, Tang J, Garaiova I, Plummer NT, Herbison T, et al. Effects of probiotics on preventing disruption of the intestinal microflora following antibiotic therapy: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005; (6): 1091-7.
5. Plummer, S., Weaver, M.A., Harris, J.C., Dee, P. and Hunter, J. “ Clostridium difficile pilot study: effects of probiotics supplementation on the incidence of C.difficile diarrhea.” International Microbiology. 2004; 7(1):59-62.
6. Ozdemir O. Various effects of different probiotic strains in allergic disorders: an update from laboratory and clinical data. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010 Jun;160(3):295-304.
7. Kim JY, Kwon JH, Ahn SH, Lee SI, Han YS, Choi YO, Lee SY, Ahn KM, Ji GE. Effect of probiotic mix (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus) in the primary prevention of eczema: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Mar;21(2 Pt 2):e386-93.
8. Prakash S, Rodes L, Coussa-Charley M, Tomaro-Duchesneau C. Gut microbiota: next frontier in understanding human health and development of biotherapeutics. Biologics. 2011;5:71-86.
9. Sierra S, Lara-Villoslada F, Sempere L, Olivares M, Boza J, Xaus J. Intestinal and immunological effects of daily oral administration of Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 to healthy adults. Anaerobe. 2010 Jun;16(3):195-200.
Other ingredients: Apricot powder