Pharmax HLC Intensive 30 capsules
HLC Intensive- 30 Capsules
High level probiotic
• 25 billion CFU per dose
• Easy to take and increases patient compliance
HLC Intensive Capsules is a highly concentrated probiotic formula which provides two strains of proprietary human-sourced Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis to support the restoration of friendly intestinal flora.
It is fructooligosaccharide-free and the capsules are 100% pure vegetable-sourced, which makes the product ideal for vegans. HLC Intensive Capsules is highly recommended after completion of the HLC Synbiotic Intensive program.
Additional product info:
HLC Intensive Capsules is a high-level therapeutic formula. Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus lactis are found more commonly in the composition of the intestinal flora of non-allergic children (3),(4). HLC Intensive Capsules is indicated for dysbiosis (5) and symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)1 which has also been shown in human double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies, at a core consortium of 25 billion CFU to:
• Reduce the risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients (2),
• Significantly improved the Symptom Severity Score of patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and scores for quality of life, days with pain and satisfaction with bowel habit compared to placebo, when taken for 8 weeks (1).
1. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, Corfe BM. “Clinical trial: a multistrain probiotic preparation significantly reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2008. 29(1):97-103.
2. Plummer, S., Weaver, M.A., Harris, J.C., Dee, P. and Hunter, J. “ Clostridium difficile pilot study: effects of probiotics supplementation on the incidence of C.difficile diarrhea.” International Microbiology. 2004; 7(1):59-62.
3. Ozdemir O. Various effects of different probiotic strains in allergic disorders: an update from laboratory and clinical data. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010 Jun;160(3):295-304.
4. Kim JY, Kwon JH, Ahn SH, Lee SI, Han YS, Choi YO, Lee SY, Ahn KM, Ji GE. Effect of probiotic mix (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus) in the primary prevention of eczema: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Mar;21(2 Pt 2):e386-93.
5. Prakash S, Rodes L, Coussa-Charley M, Tomaro-Duchesneau C. Gut microbiota: next frontier in understanding human health and development of biotherapeutics. Biologics. 2011;5:71-86.
Other ingredients: Cellulose, hypromellose