Pharmax HLC High Potency Powder 4.2 oz (120 grams)
Pharmax HLC High Potency Powder- 4.2 oz (124 grams)
• Moderate level probiotic
• 10 billion CFU per dose
• Includes fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
• Ideal for vegans
• Easy-to-take powder format increases compliance
HLC High Potency Powder provides two strains of proprietary human-sourced Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis formulated to assist in re-establishing and maintaining normal intestinal microflora. HLC High Potency
Powder is indicated for the promotion and maintenance of intestinal health in adults and children who dislike or have difficulty swallowing capsules.
Additional product info:
The intestinal dysbiosis hypothesis suggests a number of factors associated with modern living have a detrimental impact on the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. Factors such as antibiotics, psychological, physical stress, and certain dietary components have been found to contribute to intestinal dysbiosis (6). Bifidobacterium bifidum and lactobacillus lactis are found more commonly in the composition of the intestinal flora of non-allergic children (3),(4). Other than its contribution to a healthy gut flora, HLC High Potency Powder is a moderate level, long-term probiotic maintenance formula in powder format indicated for dysbiosis (5) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) (1) which has also been shown in human double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies, at a core consortium of 25 billion CFU to:
• Reduce the risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients (5)
• Significantly improved the Symptom Severity Score of patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and scores for quality of life, days with pain and satisfaction with bowel habit compared to placebo, when taken for 8 weeks (1).
1. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, Corfe BM. “Clinical trial: a multistrain probiotic preparation significantly reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2008. 29(1):97-103.
2. Plummer, S., Weaver, M.A., Harris, J.C., Dee, P. and Hunter, J. “ Clostridium difficile pilot study: effects of probiotics supplementation on the incidence of C.difficile diarrhea.” International Microbiology. 2004; 7(1):59-62.
3. Ozdemir O. Various effects of different probiotic strains in allergic disorders: an update from laboratory and clinical data. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010 Jun;160(3):295-304.
4. Kim JY, Kwon JH, Ahn SH, Lee SI, Han YS, Choi YO, Lee SY, Ahn KM, Ji GE. Effect of probiotic mix (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus) in the primary prevention of eczema: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Mar;21(2 Pt 2):e386-93.
5. Prakash S, Rodes L, Coussa-Charley M, Tomaro-Duchesneau C. Gut microbiota: next frontier in understanding human health and development of biotherapeutics. Biologics. 2011;5:71-86.
6. Hawrelak JA, Myers SP. The causes of intestinal dysbiosis: a review. Altern Med Rev. 2004 Jun;9(2):180-97.
Other ingredients: apricot powder, fructose, apricot flavor