Genestra HMF Powder 2.1 oz (60 grams)
Genestra HMF Powder- 2.1 oz (60 grams)
• Moderate level maintenance probiotic
• 11 Billion CFU per dose
• Ideal for vegans
• Convenient powder format increases patient compliance
HMF Powder is a moderate-level maintenance probiotic formula which provides two strains of proprietary human-sourced Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis, along with fructooligosaccharides. HMF Powder is indicated for the promotion and maintenance of intestinal health in adults and children alike.
Pharmax and GENESTRA BRANDS™ are probiotic science and innovation leaders, with over 20+ years of proven experience and an ongoing commitment to incorporate the safest and most effective strains that reflect the latest evidence-based research from human trials. Our probiotics are human-sourced strains, proven in human clinical trials and cover a comprehensive product range.
Additional product info:
Multiple factors are thought to contribute to the development of immune response, including genetics, age and environment. In particular, viruses, bacteria and other infectious pathogens are the major postulated environmental triggers of autoimmunity(2). On the other hand, the gut microbiota should be considered as a vital organ, carrying essential metabolic, protective, and structural/histological functions in maintaining body homeostasis, human health and other manifestations. ?An altered composition of the intestinal ecosystem, a state called gut dysbiosis, can lead to physiological changes in the intestinal environment, disrupting the functions of the gut microbiota. Autoimmune, allergic, irritable bowel syndrome, and bacterial infections have all been linked to gut dysbiosis(1).
HMF Powder is a moderate-level probiotic formula. Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus lactis are found more commonly in the composition of the intestinal flora of non-allergic children(3,4). In addition, HMF probiotics has been shown in human double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies, at a core consortium of 25 billion CFU to:
• Reduce the risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients(5)
• Significantly improved the Symptom Severity Score of patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and scores for quality of life, days with pain and satisfaction with bowel habit compared to placebo, when taken for 8 weeks (6).
1. Prakash S, Rodes L, Coussa-Charley M, Tomaro-Duchesneau C. Gut microbiota: next frontier in understanding human health and development of biotherapeutics. Biologics. 2011;5:71-86.
2. Ercolini AM, Miller SD. The role of infections in autoimmune disease. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009 Jan;155(1):1-15.
3. Ozdemir O. Various effects of different probiotic strains in allergic disorders: an update from laboratory and clinical data. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010 Jun;160(3):295-304.
4. Kim JY, Kwon JH, Ahn SH, Lee SI, Han YS, Choi YO, Lee SY, Ahn KM, Ji GE. Effect of probiotic mix (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus) in the primary prevention of eczema: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Mar;21(2 Pt 2):e386-93.
5. Plummer, S., Weaver, M.A., Harris, J.C., Dee, P. and Hunter, J. “ Clostridium difficile pilot study: effects of probiotics supplementation on the incidence of C.difficile diarrhea.” International Microbiology. 2004; 7(1):59-62.
6. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, Corfe BM. “Clinical trial: a multistrain probiotic preparation significantly reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial.” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2008. 29(1):97-103.