Genestra DIM- 60 capsules
Genestra DIM- 60 capsules
Suggested Retail: $ 40.50
• Diindolylmethane (DIM) formulation
• Provides 75 mg of 3,3’-diindolylmethane per day
• Convenient vegetable capsule format
• Vegan formula
• Dairy-free, gluten-free
Each capsule of DIM provides 25 mg of 3,3’-diindolylmethane. The recommended daily dosage is 3 capsules.
Additional product info: In a clinical investigation, postmenopausal women aged 50-70 years old from Marin County, California, with a history of early-stage breast cancer, were screened for interest and eligibility in a pilot study on the effect of absorbable DIM (BioResponse-DIM®) supplements on urinary hormone metabolites. The treatment group received daily DIM (108 mg DIM/day) supplements for 30 days, and the control group received a placebo capsule daily for 30 days. Urinary metabolite analysis included 2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE1), 16-alpha hydroxyestrone (16alpha-OHE1), DIM, estrone (El), estradiol(E2), estriol (E3), 6betahydroxycortisol (6beta-OHC), and cortisol in the first morning urine sample before intervention and 31 days after intervention. Nineteen women completed the study, for a total of 10 in the treatment group and 9 in the placebo group. DIM-treated subjects, relative to placebo, showed a significant increase in levels of 2-OHE1 (P=0. 020), DIM (P =0. 045), and cortisol (P = 0.039), and a non significant increase of 47% in the 2-OHE1/16alpha-OHE1 ratio from 1.46 to 2.14 (P=0.059). In this pilot study, DIM increased the 2-hydroxylation of estrogen urinary metabolites.(1)
A randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study investigated the efficacy and safety of absorbable DIM in, pre-menopausal women with cyclical mastalgia at the dose of 60 mg/day. These subjects were given DIM or placebo for consecutive three months periods. Breast symptoms were monitored using daily entries on a "breast pain diary" as the assessment tool. Urine and blood samples were collected to confirm safety and the impact of DIM on estrogen metabolism. Results showed clinical improvement with DIM. A statistically significant reduction in duration of breast pain, severity of pain, swelling, and soreness accompanied absorbable DIM use. In addition, absorbable DIM was shown to increase the ratio of 2-hyroxy to 16-hydroxy estrone metabolites in urine. Supplementation with DIM was found to be an effective intervention for cyclical mastalgia.(2)
1. Dalessandri K.M., Firestone G.L., Fitch M.D., Bradlow H.L. and Bjeldanes L.F. (2004) Pilot study: effect of 3,3'-diindolylmethane supplements on urinary hormone metabolites in postmenopausal women with a history of early-stage breast cancer. Nutr Cancer. 50(2):161-167.
2. Zeligs MA, Brownstone PK, Sharp ME, Westerlind KC, Wilson SM, John SM (2005). Managing cyclical mastalgia with absorbable diindolylmethane: A randomized, placebo-controlled trial. JANA 8(1): 10-20