Amrita Aromatherapy Peppermint (Organic) Essential Oil 10 ml
Amrita Aromatherapy Peppermint- 10 mL
Suggested Retail: $13.90
The invigoratingly fresh and potent Peppermint Essential Oil is possibly the world’s most widely recognized, celebrated and versatile essential oil, with a host of practical benefits for daily living.
The fresh, slightly spicy, mint aroma of Peppermint saturates a room with freshness, clarity and vitality. Refreshing and stimulating, Peppermint Essential Oil has remarkably immediate effects on mental functioning. It seems to produce clear thinking and the ability to focus. It also is an excellent pain reliever and is always useful to have around.
For use on the skin (Topical Application), dilute up to 3-5% in jojoba or hazelnut oil. For Whole Body Massage, use no more than 2%; 2% is approximately 1 teaspoon (5ml) of essential oil per 1 cup (250ml) of carrier oil, or about 10 drops essential oil to a tablespoon (15 ml) of carrier oil.
- Nausea, vomiting: Direct Inhalation from the diffuser, or when traveling, a few drops on a tissue, or 1 drop on tongue.
- Mental fatigue: Diffusion or Topical Application on forehead, 3 – 5% in any carrier oil.
- Migraines, headaches, fainting, vertigo and other nervous disorders: In the Diffusion or Topical Application on forehead, temples or wherever the headache resides, 3 – 5% in any carrier oil.
- Colds, sore throat, flu and respiratory conditions: Direct Inhalation from the diffuser.
- Excessive sweating: A total of 1-2% added to your unscented personal care product.
- Acne: A total of 2% in a carrier oil or your unscented facial care product.
- Ringworm, scabies, dermatitis, psoriasis: Topical Application.
- Muscle pain, neuralgia: Topical Application, 3-5% in jojoba or hazelnut oil.
- Bronchitis: Topical Application on chest and back, a total of 3-5% in jojoba or hazelnut oil.
- Stuffy nose and mucous congestion: Steam Inhalation.
- Asthma: Direct Inhalation from the diffuser on a regular basis.
- Fever: Diffusion or Topical Application on whole frontal line and forehead. (The frontal line runs from the heart area upwards and downwards. It extends from the front of the neck to the pubic bone, parallel to the spine.)
- Palpitations: Whole Body Massage.
- Indigestion, colic, cramps, intestinal gas: Topical Application, Aromatic Bath.
How to Use:
Peppermint is non-toxic and non-irritant, except in concentration. The menthol contained in Peppermint is a dermal irritant, so avoid contact with eyes, skin and mucous membranes. May cause sensitization in some individuals. It is a stimulating oil; therefore, it is not advised for use in the evening or at bedtime, as it may cause insomnia.